I have struggled with weight almost my entire life. And at this point, I am a wife and mother, looking for a job that I can call my career, and I am heavier than I have ever been (other than baby weight). I am also approaching 40... I will turn 39 in just 17 weeks. I have always dreamed of reaching my goal weight and being that healthy and sexy soccer mom, but I have never been able to stay the course on whatever fad I was doing at the time...and now I think I know why.
First of all, I have tried so many diets and plans and had temporary success, but I have never changed my lifestyle in every aspect. I can train and work out 5 days a week for a run or triathlon, but during that time my nutrition is usually terrible! Or I can get my eating in order for several weeks but I am not doing any exercise to help build muscle and make me stronger. I like all the amazing transformation shows like Biggest Loser and Extreme Weight Loss but its not uncommon for me to watch them while eating. I need a lifestyle change, a sustainable lifestyle of healthy living. Not just eating or exercising but living!
Second, I have excuses for everything. Some call it lazy, self loathing, clinical depression. I know I struggle with my internal issues, but at the end of the day, my body is a machine, my machine and my mind is what makes it work, what controls it. Period. I have to stop letting my machine dictate my decisions and make sure my mind is in control. I KNOW what the right decision is, but I often let my body influence and change those decisions. Mind over body! I have to do what I know is best for me, not what my body necessary wants to feel at that time.
So I am preparing to embark on a new journey...my own personal lifestyle transformation that will help me become the best wife and mother I can be! I am reading Choose to Lose by Chris Powell - the 7-Day Carb Cycle Solution. This is an absolute lifestyle change and I have defined my SMART goal.
I plan to use this blog as my journal of sorts, but also will include updates about us as a family and what's going on in our lives. Of course this will also be a big influence on my personal journey and I hope to bring Tony and Zane up to a healthier lifestyle with me! But first I must lead by example!
Part of this program is to give yourself a very specific goal with measurable results and a very specific time frame. So here is mine:
Today I weigh 212 pounds. My goal weight is 160 pounds.
Based on my BMI charts I am considered obese and I need to lose at least 52 pounds to be at my optimal health BMI.
Based on a average 2 pound per week loss, I can lose 52 pounds in 26 weeks.
From this weekend, that would put me at my goal by our 9th wedding anniversary, April 19, 2015.
Basically 6 months.
I will be taking some current pics to use for comparison later.
15 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment