CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Identity & Environment

So as I get further along in Choose to Lose I have worked on a few steps getting me ready to officially begin this journey and carb cycling.

First I needed to separate my mind from my body, meaning I have to know that me, my conscious, and my thoughts are my mind, and that's Robyn. My body is my machine, and it will do what my mind tells it, as long as I don't let it take over my emotions and mind. So the book tells you to name your body. That's right, you can name it anything you want! So I named mine Violet (or Vi for short). If I was ever going to have an alter ego or identity, I would be Violet so there you have it. This actually helps with inner dialogue, although it may seem weird.

Second the book also suggests changing your environment in any way possible. Of course it tells you to get rid of all the bad food in your house...but with Zane and Tony that's not possible at this point. Another thing it suggested was to move the furniture...so I tried that! It was so refreshing (and difficult) but it gave me new perspective on several of the rooms in the house. I feel like its a jump start into this new lifestyle and it makes we want to go through each room and declutter all my little junk piles!

Although today I had to go to work and Tony's work's Octoberfest, and I didn't make any new progress in the house, but I am excited about tomorrow to make more progress!

This biggest change is in our bedroom, although the bed and armoire stayed in the same place, everything else in the room got flipped, and my makeup table is now in the family room as a sofa table/valet station and I moved our bookshelf (one my grandfather built) into our room.

I am excited to continue to prepare for this most important journey. Tomorrow I am also going grocery shopping to stock up on all my good, real, whole foods!

0 comments: